The Ministry of Labour is responsible for the promotion, administration, development, regulation, control of Decent Work Act and Labour Practices Law of the Republic of Liberia. The objectives are as follows:
- Regulate, in the public interest, relations between employers and employees in Liberia;
- Provide for the classification, registration, and licensing of tradesmen and craftsmen;
- Conduct manpower studies;
- Protect the rights of labour and management in Liberia;
- Perform such other functions as may from time to time be assigned by the Head of State.
The Vision of the Ministry is to have a dignified and peaceful working environment with a competitive workforce in Liberia.
The Mission of the Ministry is to create a conducive working environment for growth and sustainable development, social dialogue and decent work through best practices in labour administration.
Principal Goals and Objectives
The principal goals of the Ministry of Labour is to assist the Government of Liberia through an effective system of labour administration, in the formulation and implementation of sound labour and employment policies by promoting a stable industrial relations environment through social dialogue; opportunities for employment creation and decent work; social protection and adherence to international labour standards.
The objectives of the Ministry are:
- Promote Human Resource Development;
- Provide Leadership in Improving Working Conditions (Decent Work);
- Policy Development and Coordination;
- Trade Union Education and Training
- Administration of Labour Law;
- Enhancing Productivity; and
- Labour Market Information