Division of Planning and Human Resource Development
The Division of Planning reports directly to the Deputy Minister of Planning and Human Resource Development.
The Division is responsible to coordinate and help monitor and report on the activities and programs of the Department of Planning. The division is charged with the duties to plan, facilitate and ensure the execution of training programs geared toward human resources development within the Ministry. The division is also required to collaborate with the National Bureau of Employment, and heads of all projects and programs in facilitating awareness events that will highlight employment and training opportunities, and to identify and justify strategic goals and objectives that may relate to the Ministry’s mandate and mission.
Achievements / Priorities
- The Division represented the ministry in developing the next five years Medium-term National Development Plan (2018-2023) – the Pro-poor Agenda for Prosperity & Development (PAPD) which was spearheaded by the Ministry of Finance & Development Planning (MFDP). The Pro-poor Agenda is designed to give power to the people, promote economic diversification, protect sustainable peace and encourage good governance. The National Plan was launched on Saturday, October 27, 2018 in Ganta, Nimba County by the President of the Republic of Liberia.
- The Division serves as the focal representative on the Technical Committee of the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) Compact Project under the auspices of the Ministry of Finance, which is geared toward integrating the MCC indicator activities into the Ministry’s work program to ensure the effective implementation of the FY18-19 Indicator Performance Plans.
- The Division of Planning serves as the technical representative of the Ministry on Domestic Revenue Mobilization (DRM) committee, under the auspices of the Liberia Revenue Authority (LRA), which is geared towards formulating new strategies to boost domestic revenue collection amongst revenue generating ministries and agencies nation-wide.
- The Division provided regular technical support to all the special projects and other sections within the ministry to ensure smooth implementation of the ministry’s mandate.
- The Division in collaboration with the Bureau of Labour Standards effectively launched the Mothers at Work Campaign under the theme “Awareness to Support Maternity Rights through Dialogue”. In accordance with the Decent Work Act of Liberia section 20.6, the awareness program was implemented in partnership with ActionAid Liberia to increase the understanding and response mechanism amongst the general public.
- The Division headed the Secretariat of the National Labour Conference hosted at the Monrovia City Hall from November 19-21, 2018., which was geared toward discussing and harmonizing the inconsistencies in the various aspects of Liberian labour law, and labour legislations to meet international standards; and to develop strategies of implementations of the various national action plans including (Child Labour, Trafficking in Persons, HIV/AIDs in the Work Place and the Decent Work Country Program).
The Division is currently headed by Mr. George H. Mbayo and assisted by Mr. Otis Wreyou.